- PhD, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Georgia Tech, 2021
- MS, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Stanford University, 2012
- BS, Civil Engineering, Bucknell University, 2011
Dr. Emily D. Sanders is an Assistant Professor in the Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering at Georgia Tech. She obtained her Ph.D. at Georgia Tech in 2021, where she developed new topology optimization methods for design of tension-only cable nets, elastostatic cloaking devices, and multiscale structures and components. Dr. Sanders hold a bachelor’s degree from Bucknell University and a master’s degree from Stanford University.
- Computational mechanics
- Optimization-based design
- Design for advanced manufacturing