Undergraduate Advising Purpose
- Our mission is to support and inspire the development of Woodruff School undergraduate students.
- Our vision is that undergraduate academic advising in the Woodruff School will actively engage students in their educational experience so they can become independent, life-long learners who are innovative and contributing members in their larger community.
Undergraduate Advising Process
- We encourage all students to visit or contact us at any time with questions, concerns or problems.
- We require academic advisement for the following groups of students:
- First-Year Freshman: Must to attend a group advising session in the fall
- First-Year Freshman: Must have a meeting with their advisor in the spring semester to discuss the first-year advising worksheet
- Students taking ME 2202: Must meet with their advisor to discuss the sophomore advising worksheet
- Probation or Warning Standing: Must meet with their advisor to discuss the academic standing worksheet
Mechanical, Nuclear and Undeclared Engineering Academic Advisors
- All advisors are located in MRDC room 3112. MRDC is building 135 on the campus map.
- Our advising hours are generally 8-12 and 1-4.
- We take appointments on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
- Wednesdays are walk-in advising only (no appointments).
Lenna Applebee - Advises ME, NRE and UEC students with a last name starting with A - D.
Schedule an appointment with Lenna.
Laura Dawson - Advises ME, NRE and UEC students with a last name starting with E - K.
Schedule an appointment with Laura.
Kristi Mehaffey - Advises ME, NRE and UEC students with a last name starting with L - Re.
Handles career advising for all ME students.
Schedule an appointment with Kristi.
Kendra Denmark - Advises ME, NRE and UEC students with a last name starting with Rf - Z.
Schedule an appointment with Kendra.