COVID-19 (Coranovirus Update, 3/19/2020)
Students who need assistance other than academic advising should see services in the Campus Assistance Options.
With the campus changes Georgia Tech has enacted for COVID-19, please know that your academic advisors are still be available remotely to reply to emails, handle registration issues, schedule video/phone advising meetings, and sign forms. To accommodate this, we are asking students to use these process and procedures until further notice.
- We have appointments available Monday through Friday from 8:30-12 and 1-4. Walk-in advising is temporarily suspended.
- Schedule an appointment as usual through GradesFirst.
- Your advisor will then send you a BlueJeans link to have a video or phone advising appointment.
- All documents and forms that you want to share with your advisor should be uploaded in the new ME/NRE Advising Canvas Site.
Undergraduate Advising Purpose
- Our mission is to support and inspire the development of Woodruff School undergraduate students.
- Our vision is that undergraduate academic advising in the Woodruff School will actively engage students in their educational experience so they can become independent, life-long learners who are innovative and contributing members in their larger community.
Undergraduate Advising Process
- We encourage all students to visit or contact us at any time with questions, concerns or problems.
- We require academic advisement for the following groups of students:
- First-Year Freshman (ME, NRE and UEC): Must attend a group advising session in the fall
- First-Year Freshman (ME and NRE): Must meet with their advisor in the spring to discuss the first-year advising worksheet
- UEC Students: Must meet wtih their advisor each fall to discuss their change of major worksheet
- Students taking ME 2202: Must meet with their advisor to discuss the sophomore advising worksheet
- Probation or Warning Standing: Must meet with their advisor to discuss the academic standing worksheet
- Midterm Advising: Students with multiple midterm U's must meet with their advisor to discuss midterm worksheet
Mechanical, Nuclear and Undeclared Engineering Academic Advisors
- Find an advisor in a different department here.
- We have appointments on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 8:30-12 and 1-4 each day.
- Until students are allowed to return to campus, there will be no walk-in advising, only appointments.
Lenna Applebee - Advises ME, NRE and UEC students with a last name starting with A - C.
Schedule an appointment with Lenna.
Laura Tolliver - Advises ME, NRE and UEC students with a last name starting with D - H.
Schedule an appointment with Laura.
Amy Huttenhoff - Amy will be out of the office until October, so ME and NRE student last names I - M have been assigned a temporary advisor. To schedule an appointment with your temporary advisor, select Change of Major as the reason and then you can select the advisor below:
- Petitions, readmission, career advising, special circumstances: Kristi Mehaffey
- Last Name starting with I: Hillary Sutherland
- Last Name starting with J, K: Laura Tolliver
- Last Name starting with L: Hillary Sutherland
- Last Name starting with M: Lenna Applebee
Kristi Mehaffey - Advises ME, NRE and UEC students with a last name starting with N - R.
Handles career advising for all ME students (A-Z).
Schedule an appointment with Kristi.
Hillary Sutherland - Advises ME, NRE and UEC students with a last name starting with S - Z.
Schedule an appointment with Hillary.