Mechanical Engineering Overview
|See a Parent's Perspective|
Visit Mechanical Engineering
Visit Georgia Tech
Navigate Your Visit
Contact ONE of the people listed below to schedule a meeting to learn more about the Mechanical Engineering Department. Kristi should be your first and primary contact. We will only be able to meet with students on days that we are not having an Information Session. Info sessions for spring semester will be held nearly all Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays from February 3 - April 27.
- Kristi Mehaffey - Academic Professional - Click here to schedule an appointment with Kristi Mehaffey.
- Al Ferri - Associate Chair for Undergraduate Studies - Click here to send an e-mail to Dr. Ferri to request an appointment.
- Tours last approximately 45 - 60 minutes and include the ME undergraduate lab facilities, robotics lab, sophomore design studios and the Invention Studio.
- Spring 2020 tours will be posted by 1/25/20. Sign up on the admissions website.
- Spring tours will be available starting February 3 and will run through April 24.
Students who want to attend a class during Spring 2020 Semester (through Friday, April 24 and excluding spring break which is March 16-20) are able to do so in the classes listed below. If you plan to attend a class, be sure you arrive on time, sit through the entire class and do not attend on exam days. Click here for a campus map. MRDC is building 135 on the campus map, Love is building 144, Mason is building 111, Instructional Center (IC) is building 55, IPST is building 129, Sustainable Education (SEB) is building 145, ES&T is building 147, Boggs is building 103, Howey Physics is building 81, Cherry Emerson is building 66, College of Computing is building 50, Smith is building 24 and Klaus is building 153.
- ME 1770 with Dr. Dorozhkin
- Tuesday and Thursday, 1:30 - 2:20 PM in SEB room 121
- There are no dates that needed to be avoided
- Please email Dr. Dorozhkin in advance if you are planning to attend his class.
- ME 2202 with Dr. Smith
- Monday and Wednesday, 3:00 - 4:15 PM in IC room 111
- Please do not attend on 2/12 and 3/9.
- Dr. Smith does not need to know in advance if you are planning to attend, but please introduce yourself before the start of lectures. Also be sure to arrive early.
- ME 2202 with Dr. Wood
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 9:05 - 9:55 AM in College of Computing room 101
- Please do not attend on 2/14, 2/17, 3/30 and 4/3
- Dr. Wood does not need to know in advance if you are planning to attend, but please introduce yourself before the start of lecture.
- ME 2202 with Dr. Whiteman
- Tuesday and Thursday, 8:00 - 9:15 AM in Instructional Center room 115
- Please do not attend on 2/13 and 4/7
- Dr. Whiteman does not need to know in advance if you are planning to attend, but please introduce yourself before the start of lecture.
- ME 3180 with Dr. Cowan
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 12:20 - 1:10 PM in MRDC room 2407 (click here for a map to find MRDC room 2407)
- Please do not attend on 2/7, 3/13 and 4/17
- Dr. Cowan does not need to know in advance if you are planning to attend, but please introduce yourself before the start of lecture and sit in the back of the classroom.
- ME 3017 with Dr. Ueda
- ME 3345 with Dr. Garimella