Mechanical Engineering Overview
|See a Parent's Perspective|
Visit Mechanical Engineering
Visit Georgia Tech
Navigate Your Visit
Contact ONE of the people listed below to schedule a meeting to learn more about the Mechanical Engineering Department. Kristi should be your first and primary contact. We will only be able to meet with students on days that we are not having an Information Session.
- Kristi Mehaffey - Academic Professional - Click here to schedule an appointment with Kristi Mehaffey.
- Al Ferri - Associate Chair for Undergraduate Studies - Click here to send an e-mail to Dr. Ferri to request an appointment.
- Tours last approximately 45 - 60 minutes and include the ME undergraduate lab facilities, robotics lab, sophomore design studios and the Invention Studio.
- Tours are offered at 11 AM and 3 PM nearly every weekday from February 4 - April 26, excluding spring break March 18 - 22.
- Sign up on the admissions website, which should be available by February 1.
Students who want to attend a class during Summer 2019 Semester (through Monday, July 22) are able to do so in the classes listed below. If you plan to attend a class, be sure you arrive on time, sit through the entire class and do not attend on exam days. Click here for a campus map. MRDC is building 135 on the campus map, Love is building 144, Mason is building 111, Instructional Center (IC) is building 55, IPST is building 129, Sustainable Education (SEB) is building 145, ES&T is building 147, Boggs is building 103, Howey Physics is building 81, Cherry Emerson is building 66, College of Computing is building 50, Smith is building 24 and Klaus is building 153.
- ME 1770 with Dr. Dorozhkin
- Monday and Wednesday from 12:30 - 1:45 PM in SEB room 121
- Students can attend this class until July 15. After that time, this class is not available to attend.
- Please email Dr. Dorozhkin in advance if you are planning to attend his class.
- ME 2202 with Dr. Smith
- Tuesday and Thursday from 10:05 - 11:55 AM in Love room 184
- Tests will be given on 6/20 so do not attend on those dates
- Please email Dr. Smith in advance if you are planning to attend his class. Also be sure to arrive early.
- COE 2001 with Dr. Whiteman
- Monday and Wednesday from 08:00 - 09:15 AM in MRDC room 2404 (click here for a map to find MRDC room 2404)
- Tests will be given on 6/19 and 7/10 so do not attend on those dates
- Dr. Whiteman does not need to know in advance if you are planning to attend, but please introduce yourself before the start of lecture
- ME 3345 with Dr. Hesketh
- Tuesday and Thursday from 12:30 - 1:45 PM in MRDC room 2404 (click here for a map to find MRDC room 2404)
- Please do not attend on 6/6, 6/20, 6/27 and 7/9
- Dr. Hesketh does not need to know in advance if you are planning to attend, but please introduce yourself before the start of lecture