Mechanical Engineering Overview
|See a Parent's Perspective|
Visit Mechanical Engineering
- Spring ME Information Sessions (Feb. - Apr.)
- Visit with People in ME
- Tours of ME Design and Lab Facilities
- Attend an ME Class
Visit Georgia Tech
Navigate Your Visit
Each year, the ME department offers information sessions during spring semester. These 30 minute sessions will give an overview of the ME department, with a time for Q&A at the end. You must register for the information sessions in advance through the admissions website. Spring information sessions will be offered on the following dates:
|February 2019||March 2019||April 2019|
| Mon, Feb. 11 at 9:15 AM|
Fri, Feb. 15 at 9:15 AM
Tues, Feb. 19 at 9:15 AM
Wed, Feb. 20 at 9:15 AM
Thurs, Feb. 21 at 9:15 AM
Fri, Feb. 22 at 9:15 AM
Mon, Feb. 25 at 9:15 AM
| Fri, Mar. 1 at 9:15 AM|
Mon, Mar. 4 at 9:15 AM
Fri, Mar. 8 at 9:15 AM
Mon, Mar. 11 at 9:15 AM
Fri, Mar. 15 at 9:15 AM
Wed, Mar. 20 at 9:15 AM
Fri, Mar. 22 at 9:15 AM
Mon, Mar. 25 at 9:00 AM
Wed, Mar. 27 at 9:00 AM
Fri, Mar. 29 at 9:00 AM
| Mon, Apr. 1 at 9:00 AM|
Tues, Apr. 2 at 4:15 PM
Wed, Apr. 3 at 9:00 AM
Thurs, Apr. 4 at 4:15 PM
Fri, Apr. 5 at 9:00 AM
Wed, Apr. 10 at 9:00 AM
Fri, Apr. 12 at 9:00 AM
Mon, Apr. 15 at 9:00 AM
Wed, Apr. 17 at 9:00 AM
Fri, Apr. 19 at 9:00 AM
Fri, Apr. 26 at 9:00 AM
Contact ONE of the people listed below to schedule a meeting to learn more about the Mechanical Engineering Department. Kristi should be your first and primary contact. We will only be able to meet with students on days that we are not having an Information Session.
- Kristi Mehaffey - Academic Professional - Click here to schedule an appointment with Kristi Mehaffey.
- Al Ferri - Associate Chair for Undergraduate Studies - Click here to send an e-mail to Dr. Ferri to request an appointment.
- Tours last approximately 45 - 60 minutes and include the ME undergraduate lab facilities, robotics lab, sophomore design studios and the Invention Studio.
- Tours are offered at 11 AM and 3 PM nearly every weekday from February 4 - April 26, excluding spring break March 18 - 22.
- Sign up on the admissions website, which should be available by February 1.
Students who want to attend a class during Spring 2019 Semester are able to do so in the classes listed below. If you plan to attend a class, be sure you arrive on time, sit through the entire class and do not attend on exam days. Click here for a campus map. MRDC is building 135 on the campus map, Love is building 144, Mason is building 111, Instructional Center (IC) is building 55, IPST is building 129, Sustainable Education (SEB) is building 145, ES&T is building 147, Boggs is building 103, Howey Physics is building 81, Cherry Emerson is building 66, College of Computing is building 50, Smith is building 24 and Klaus is building 153.
- ME 1770 with Dr. Pucha
- Monday and Wednesday from 11:15 - 12:05 PM in SEB room 121
- There are no dates to avoid in this class
- Dr. Pucha does not need to know in advance, but please introduce yourself before the start of lecture. You will need to pull in an extra chair from the atrium because all seats in the classroom are full.
- ME 1770 with Dr. Dorozhkin
- Monday and Wednesday from 1:55 - 2:45 PM in SEB room 121
- There are no dates to avoid in this class
- Please email Dr. Dorozhkin in advance if you are planning to attend his class.
- ME 2202 with Dr. Whiteman
- Tuesday and Thursday from 8:00 - 9:15 AM in MRDC room 2407
- Tests will be given on 2/7 and 4/9 so do not attend on those dates
- Dr. Whiteman does not need to know in advance, but please introduce yourself before the start of lecture
- ME 2202 with Dr. Wood
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:05 - 9:55 AM in Instructional Center room 105
- Please do not attend on 2/15, 3/1, 3/6, 3/8 and 3/29
- Dr. Wood does not need to know in advance, but please introduce yourself before the start of lecture
- ME 3210 with Dr. Colton
- Tuesday and Thursday from 12:00 - 1:15 PM in MRDC room 2407
- Tests will be given on 1/31, 3/5 and 4/9 so do not attend on those dates
- Dr. Colton asks that you sit in the back of the classroom if you attend
- ME 3322 with Dr. Hatzell
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8:00 - 8:50 AM in Instruction Center room 105
- Please do not attend on 1/23
- Dr. Hatzell does not need to know in advance, but please introduce yourself before the start of lecture
- ME 3345 with Dr. Yee
- Tuesday and Thursday from 3:00 - 4:15 PM in Skiles room 249
- Please do not attend on 2/7, 3/7 and 4/18
- Dr. Yee does not need to know in advance, but please introduce yourself before the start of lecture