Montgomery Machining Mall
The Montgomery Machining Mall provides the Schools of ME, ECE, and the College of Sciences with research and curriculum support. The MMM staff maintains a professional fabrication\learning space with a focus on safety. Please visit the MMM for more information.
The Montgomery Maching Mall is located on the second floor of the MRDC Building in the Wepfer Design Commons.
- Main shop area: 6:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday.
- Fabrication of prototype mechanical equipment for research
- Provide safety and operational training on equipment
- Assist in the design/fabrication of research and academic projects
- Provide space and tools for students to learn and explore fabrication techniques
- Machine Shop Technical Request
- 8 vertical mills with Proto-Trak 2 Axis CNC control
- 7 toolroom lathes with DRO
- 2 Okuma Genos L250 2 axis CNC lathe
- 1 Okuma Spaceturn 3 axis CNC lathe
- 1 Romi 2 axis CNC lathe
- 1 Proto-Trak 2 axis CNC lathe
- 1 Okuma Millac 3 axis CNC mill
- 1 EMCO E350 3 axis CNC mill
- 1 Hardinge V480 3 axis CNC mill
- 1 Proto-Trak 3 axis CNC mill
- 1 Starrett HB 400 optical comparator
- 1 Zeiss CMM
- 1 Clasuing surface grinder
- 1 Marvel vertical band saw
- 1 Do-All vertical band saw
- 1 Willis radial arm drill press
- 1 Accutex ZNC sinker EDM
- 1 Accutex 5 axis wire EDM
- 1 Rockwell Drill Press
The Montgomery Machining Mall offers training each semester. The MMM prioritizes training in the following order: graduate research, UG coursework (capstone), UG research, and just want to learn. Completing this survey will register you for training.
Basic Safety Items to Remember:
- Ask for instructions if you are not familiar with the particular machine, tool, or procedure.
- Safety glasses MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES.
- Do not operate machinery with loose clothing or jewelry.
- Long hair must be tied back and contained.
- No open toed shoes allowed.
- Clean machinery every time you use it.
- The two person rule is in effect.
- Report any machine that has been damaged. This may keep the next user from getting hurt.
- Please help keep this shop clean and safe. If you abuse the shop, you will lose your privilege to use it.
Montgomery Machining Mall direct phone line: (404) 894-2957
Machine Shop Supervisor II