Montgomery Machining Mall
The Machine Shop fabricates and assists with design of prototypes, mechanical equipment, and coursework needs while utilizing various fabrication tools.
- Main shop area: 7am - 5pm Monday - Friday.
- Fabrication of prototype mechanical equipment for research
- Provide safety and operational training on equipment
- Assist in the design/fabrication of research and academic projects
- Provide space and tools for students to learn and explore fabrication techniques
- Machine Shop Technical Request
- Sharp Milling machine with Proto-Trak 2 Axis CNC control
- Bridgeport EZ Trak DX 2 Axis CNC Milling Machine
- Rockwell Drill Press
- Harrison AA Tool Room Lathe
- Harrison M300 13x40 Lathe
- Harrison M250 Tool Room Lathe
- Starrett HB 400 Optical Comparator
- Chevalier Surface Grinder
- Bridgeport Milling Machine w/Proto-Trak 2 Axis CNC Control
- Proto-Trak K3 Milling Machine w/Proto-Trak 2 Axis CNC Control
- Do-All Cut Off Saw and Do-All Vertical Band Saw
- Willis Radial Arm Drill Press
- Turn Master 13x40 Lathe
- Harrison M350 Lathe
- Kingstonn 18x60 Lathe
- Accutex Sinker EDM
- Accutex Wire EDM
- A limited number of training opportunites exist for using the Montgomery Machining Mall. Contact ME machine shop at email@example.com.
Basic Safety Items to Remember:
- Ask for instructions if you are not familiar with the particular machine, tool, or procedure.
- Safety glasses MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES.
- Do not operate machinery with loose clothing or jewelry.
- Long hair must be tied back and contained.
- No open toed shoes allowed.
- Clean machinery every time you use it.
- The two person rule is in effect.
- Report any machine that has been damaged. This may keep the next user from getting hurt.
- Please help keep this shop clean and safe. If you abuse the shop, you will lose your privilege to use it.
Montgomery Machining Mall direct phone line: (404) 894-2957
Machine Shop Supervisor II